Wednesday, September 20, 2006

September 20 - Where Are They Now? Wednesday - Toni Woods


This week’s WHERE ARE THEY NOW? WEDNESDAY is Toni Woods. Who is Toni Woods, you say?

The quick answer is she is NO Debra LaFave.

Debra LaFave is the Florida middle-school teacher that had sex with a 14-year-old boy. She appeared on the following NBC shows last week: NBC Nightly News, The Today Show and Dateline. Her interview with Matt Lauer was also featured on MSNBC, the AAA minor league team for NBC.

For her sins, Debra received three years of home confinement.

So where is Toni Woods?

The thirty-eight-year-old Toni Woods, a former 6th grade teacher in Braxton County, WV, received 4 to 20 years in prison for having sex with boys under the age of 16.

I’m sure certain nuances of the case produced different sentences. I’m sure these same nuances caused NBC to cover the LaFave story and ignore the Woods story.

When I was in Catholic High School over 25 years ago, the best looking female teacher was Sister Marie Tress (on the left). It was because of her charm and (inner) beauty that I got the only non-A of my High School career. I just couldn’t concentrate when she was discussing human reproduction. I guess a little flirtation wouldn’t have killed me.

I guess I just didn’t grasp the concept like the students of Ms. LaFave and Ms. Woods.

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. But then again she is hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home